First Congregational Church of Ithaca (NY)
Hourly, Part Time – 18 hrs/week
Finance & Administrative Manager
The custodian ensures that First Congregational Church of Ithaca (FCCI) is a clean, well-maintained, welcoming and comfortable space in which people can join together in furthering FCCI’s mission.
Additionally, FCCI shares space with a nursery school, for which reliable and thorough cleaning must be provided.
- Maintain cleanliness of a large facility with numerous areas and rooms. Tasks include vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, sink scouring, thorough bathroom cleaning, sanitizing commonly touched surfaces, taking care of trash & recycling, some snow shoveling and entryway salting seasonally, as needed.
- Set up rooms for meetings, classes, worship services and special events as requested by the Finance & Administrative Manager.
- Manage cleaning and maintenance supplies; purchase, or request purchases, as needed.
- Special events: open up church, assist during event as needed, lock up afterward.
- Perform minor maintenance of the church’s facilities.
A separate document outlines job duties and schedules.
- A High School degree or equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- Two years of work experience as a custodian.
Two years of building maintenance experience.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. and to perform the physical aspects of the position.
- Reliable transportation, including ability to pick up custodial supplies from vendors.
- Ability and willingness to proactively address areas needing attention which lie outside daily duties.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail to First Congregational Church of Ithaca, attn: Search Committee, 309 Highland Road, Ithaca, NY 14850. Please be prepared to provide two employment references, addressing reliability and character.