We are currently hiring for two part time positions. Click on a link or scroll down to read more:
JOB STATUS: Part Time. Hourly: Average 2-2.5 hours per week, primarily on Sunday mornings from approximately 9:30-11:30 a.m. with some additional hours for special services, maintenance, and other tasks outside of those hours.
LOCATION: First Congregational Church (FCCI)
SUPERVISOR: Senior Minister
PAY RATE: $25/hour
The Livestreaming Technician will have primary responsibility for managing the weekly streaming of FCCI’s Sunday service, enabling church members, friends, visitors, and prospective members the ability to participate from remote locations. Services are currently streamed on YouTube using OBS software. The Livestreaming Technician must be technically adept, comfortable operating the cameras, software, and other equipment, and patient and helpful to assist viewers with technical difficulties. The Livestream Technician will play an important role in contributing to FCCI’s mission, which is:
to bind together people of faith and followers of Jesus Christ for the purpose of sharing in the worship of God and building the realm of God, a realm of peace and justice guided by love of self, neighbor, and creation as modeled for us in Christ’s life, teaching, death, and resurrection.
- Conduct the weekly livestream of FCCI Sunday services, including starting streaming on YouTube, operating the cameras, adjusting angles to focus on participants in the service, and adjusting audio and video settings as needed.
- Interact with livestream viewers to share messages, assist with basic troubleshooting, or respond to questions in the video chat.
- Help to refine the quality of the livestream by learning how to operate the camera and audio systems to their full capabilities. Become proficient in OBS and create camera angles and presets to best present the service.
Troubleshoot any issues with the livestreaming as they arise.
- Research and make recommendations for improvements to the FCCI livestreaming approach, in conjunction with church staff and communications volunteers.
- Preferably be available for occasional special events, special services, or holidays that do not take place on Sunday mornings.
- Technical aptitude and comfort managing computer and audio-video equipment.
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning, technologies including YouTube and OBS software.
- Interest in the aesthetic aspects of the capturing the services, and interest in elevating the experience for viewers at home.
- Ability to reliably manage the livestream on Sunday mornings starting at 9:30 a.m.
TO APPLY: Please send an email describing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com by February 15, 2023.
Children’s Music Associate
JOB STATUS: Temporary, Part-time/Hourly, 10 Sundays/Fall Semester, 10 Sundays/Spring Semester.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries
The Children’s Music Associate works with Director of Music, Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries, and Children’s and Youth action group to select music and rehearse children’s choir, youth choir, and youth instrumental ensemble in preparation for playing in select services.
It is anticipated that the following will require approximately two hours per week for each of the ten weeks, with at least one hour per week spent at Sunday rehearsals.
- Perform twice in the fall semester, twice in the spring semester
- Currently grades K-5
- Perform twice in fall semester, twice in the spring semester
- Currently grades 6-12
- Perform once in the fall semester, once in the spring semester
- Open to all grades
Collaborate with Director of Music, Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries, and Children’s and Youth Ministries action group.
Recruit participants and promote music opportunities for children and youth.
A) At least 18 years of age
B) Clean background check (provided by and paid for by FCC Ithaca)
C) Experience with vocal and instrumental groups
D) Enjoy working with children from kindergarten to high school
E) Collegiate-level music experience
F) Piano skills appreciated but not required
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to AnnaSannes@fccithaca.org