Current Job Postings
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted October 13, 2022
JOB TITLE: Office Coordinator
JOB STATUS: Hourly, Part Time. 20-25 hours per week.
LOCATION: Main Office, First Congregational Church (FCCI)
PAY RATE: $22.00/hour
SUPERVISOR: Senior Pastor
JOB SUMMARY: The Office Coordinator (OC) is the primary contact for church members and friends, as well as for the wider community, regarding questions about church activities and administration. The OC is often the “face” and “voice” of FCCI, and must be courteous, patient, helpful, organized, and committed to contributing to FCCI’s mission, which is
to bind together people of faith and followers of Jesus Christ for the purpose of sharing in the worship of God and building the realm of God, a realm of peace and justice guided by love of self, neighbor, and creation as modeled for us in Christ’s life, teaching, death, and resurrection.
- General Reception: In-person, phone, email. Answer queries when possible, direct to responsible staff or volunteer when appropriate. Take messages as needed.
- Keep abreast of church events, procedures, and initiatives to enable effective communications with church members and friends. Connect with staff for clarification as needed.
- Maintain church on-line calendar.
- Maintain/update “membership manager” segment of the church database, which serves as the basis for FCCI’s photo directory.
- Bulletins: enter information, format, print, and save hardcopy weekly Sunday worship bulletin. Prepare any special bulletins as needed (e.g., special services, memorials). Maintain electronic and hard-copy files of bulletins and sermons.
- Maintain a current listing of the Church Council, work areas, and teams.
- Maintain lists of new members, deaths, and baptisms in coordination with relevant volunteers.
- Prepare for and meet with staff for weekly staff meeting to coordinate church activities.
- Manage rentals by both outside groups and internal groups and members, in consultation with staff.
- Compile, format, and edit reports for the FCCI annual report in consultation with staff and circulate to congregation members.
- Order materials: place orders for staff as requested (e.g., books, office and worship supplies).
- Filing, hardcopy and electronic, including sermons, Council minutes and Lead reports.
- Additional duties, as assigned by Senior Pastor or Finance & Administrative Manager.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of general office experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, comfort working with databases.
- Must be proactive and curious and able to prioritize work.
TO APPLY: Please include cover letter and resume by November 2, 2022.