First Congregational Church of Ithaca (NY)
An open and affirming, theologically progressive, creative, musical, and growing congregation is seeking a Children’s Music Associate
JOB TITLE: Childcare Provider
JOB STATUS: Hourly. Part-time. Employment-at-will.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries
The Childcare Provider provides dependable, safe, and nurturing care to the children of the church. The Provider will assist with children age 5 and below in the Frolic Nursery or Frolic Preschool classrooms on Sunday mornings and will assist with children of all ages for church events and meetings in which child care is needed. Most weeks during the academic year, the shift will begin at 8:55 am to provide childcare for meetings and will finish at the end of the church service. On some Sundays, including the second Sunday of each month, the shift will continue after the service, usually until about noon. To ensure a safe and supportive space and to comply with the church’s Child Protection Policy, the Provider will be partnered with a volunteer caregiver for all programs and events. Please submit a cover letter and resume to AnnaSannes@fccithaca.org to apply.
- Child Care: The Provider is expected to arrive on time each Sunday. The Provider will remain until all children have been picked up by their caregivers and the space has been cleaned up.
- Space: The Provider is responsible for the tidiness of the classroom space and will ensure that the room is cleaned and materials are put away as is detailed in the classroom guide. The Provider will communicate with the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries should any issues with the space arise.
- Communication: The Provider is responsible for communicating any issues or needs of the nursery/children/families to the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries. The Provider will touch base with the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries at the conclusion of each shift. If possible, the Provider will communicate in advance any schedule conflicts to ensure appropriate coverage is obtained.
- The Provider will perform other reasonable duties related to childcare as assigned by the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- At least 18 years of age
- Clean background check (provided by and paid for by FCC Ithaca)
- Experience working with infants and toddlers in a childcare setting
- Physically able to lift children and sit on the floor to play with children