Saturday, March 7 from 2:00-4:30pm
Through awareness and curiosity, unpack habitual ways of communication and learn to shift your focus from what’s wrong to what matters. Facilitated by communication trainer and life coach Corirose Benitez Anjali, this engaging introductory workshop will give participants the opportunity to practice communication skills that build connection in our lives and empower our impact in the world. We will share the key elements of communicating through the lens of Nonviolent Communication (NVC). Tap into the bedrock of our shared humanity. Explore the mechanics of empathy for ourselves and others. Develop self-expression that promotes connection. Practicing NVC/Compassionate Communication helps people to:
- Speak in a way that inspires compassion and understanding.
- Listen with an increased awareness of what matters most to others.
- Initiate difficult conversations with more ease and confidence.
- Translate criticism, judgments and blame into life-serving messages.
- Resolve long-standing conflicts and heal painful relationship
- Support group visioning and decision making
- Strengthen relationships by expressing and receiving gratitude.