First Congregational Church of Ithaca (NY)
Children’s Music Associate
An open and affirming, theologically progressive, creative, musical, and growing congregation is seeking a Children’s Music Associate
The Children’s Music Associate will find or arrange suitable music for children’s choir, youth choir, and youth instrumental ensemble. The Children’s Music Associate should rehearse each group in preparation for playing in specific services. This person should work closely with the Director of Music, the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries, and the Children’s and Youth Committees.
This is a temporary, part-time position to be paid hourly. We are currently hiring for the Fall semester with anticipated renewal for the spring. For more information, please visit www.fccithaca.org/jobs.
Review of applications begins August 19. Please submit cover letter, resume, and any optional supplemental media to email@example.com.
JOB STATUS: Temporary, Part-time/Hourly, Employment-at-will, 10 Sundays/Fall Semester, possibility of continuing through the Spring Semester.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries
The Children’s Music Associate works with Director of Music, Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries, and Children’s and Youth Committees to select music and rehearse children’s choir, youth choir, and youth instrumental ensemble in preparation for playing in select services.
It is anticipated that the following will require approximately two hours per week for each of the ten weeks, with at least one hour per week spent at Sunday rehearsals.
- Perform twice in the fall semester (and 1-2 times in the spring semester if continuing)
- Currently grades K-5
- Perform twice in fall, and twice in the spring if continuing)
- Currently grades 6-12
- Perform once in the fall (and once in the spring if continuing)
Communicate well with Director of Music, Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries, and Children’s and Youth Committees.
Recruit participants and promote music opportunities for children and youth.
- At least 18 years of age
- Clean background check (provided by and paid for by FCC Ithaca)
- Experience with vocal and instrumental groups
- Enjoy working with children from kindergarten to high school
- Collegiate-level music experience
- Piano skills appreciated but not required